Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Across The Universe



When I first saw Across The Universe, I was stunned, that a film could be filled with songs in a tribute to a band, and not look crappy. I loved the movie. I went straight home and listened to the soundtrack. It is a somewhat re-imagining of many of The Beatles most popular songs, sung by the characters in the movie. If you were like me and thought that movies that tribute old bands by having the characters in the movie sing the songs during the movie often turned out to be not very quality stuff, then check out this movie and listen to the album (I do suggest watching the movie first, yes), it is a rare deviance on the line, and I loved it, absolutely. On a passing note, the cast for the movie also includes people such as Bono, Eddie Izzard, Joe Cocker, and Salma Hayek. Definitely, a plus in my book.

No comments: